- A. 0.03%
- B. 0.1%
- C. 0.3%
- D. 3%
Concrete Technology and Design of Concrete Structures
According to Whitney’s theory, ultimate strain of concrete is assumed to be_____.
The main reinforcement in the heel of a T-shaped R.C. retaining wall is provided on_____.
- A. top face perpendicular to wall
- B. bottom face perpendicular to wall
- C. both top and bottom faces perpendicular to wall
- D. none of the above
According to ISI recommendations, the maximum depth of stress block for balanced section of a beam of effective depth d is_____.
- A. 0.43 d
- B. 0.55 d
- C. 0.68 d
- D. 0.85 d
Normally prestressing wires are arranged in the_____.
- A. upper part of the beam
- B. lower part of the beam
- C. center
- D. anywhere
To minimize the effect of differential settlement, the area of a footing should be designed for_____.
- A. Dead load only
- B. Dead load + live load
- C. Dead load + fraction of live load
- D. Live load + fraction of dead load
Shrinkage of concrete depends upon
i) humidity of atmosphere
ii) passage of time
The correct answer is
- A. (i) and (ii)
- B. (ii) and (iii)
- C. only (iii)
- D. All (i), (ii) and (iii)
Minimum pitch of transverse reinforcement in a column is_____.
- A. the least lateral dimension of the member
- B. sixteen times the smallest diameter of longitudinal reinforcement bar to be tied
- C. forty-eight times the diameter of transverse reinforcement
- D. lesser of the above three values
Modulus of elasticity of steel as per IS : 456-1978 shall be taken as_____.
- A. 20 kN/cm²
- B. 200 kN/cm²
- C. 200kN/mm²
- D. 2xl06N/cm²
Strength of concrete increases with_____.
- A. increase in water-cement ratio
- B. increase in fineness of cement
- C. decrease in curing time
- D. decrease in size of aggregate
High carbon content in the steel causes_____.
- A. decrease in tensile strength but increase in ductility
- B. increase in tensile strength but decrease in ductility
- C. decrease in both tensile strength and ductility
- D. increase in both tensile strength and ductility