- A. Under-reinforced section
- B. Over reinforced section
- C. Economic section
- D. Critical section
RCC Structures Design
In a singly reinforced beam, if the permissible stress in concrete reaches earlier than that in steel, the beam section is called_____.
To ensure that the hogging bending moment at two points of suspension of a pile of length L equals the sagging moment at its centre, the distances of the points of suspension from either end, is_____.
- A. 0.107 L
- B. 0.207 L
- C. 0.307 L
- D. 0.407 L
If T and R are the tread and rise of a stair which carries a load w per square metre on slope, the corresponding load per square metre of the horizontal area, is_____.
- A. w (R + T)/T
- B. w √(R² + T²)/T
- C. w √(R + T)/T
- D. w (R/T)
If Ac, Asc and A are areas of concrete, longitudinal steel and section of a R.C.C. column and m and σc are the modular ratio and maximum stress in the configuration of concrete, the strength of column is_____.
- A. σcAc + m σcAsc
- B. σc(A – Asc) + m σcAsc
- C. σc[A + (m – 1)Asc]
- D. All the above
Though the effective depth of a T-beam is the distance between the top compression edge to the centre of the tensile reinforcement, for heavy loads, it is taken as_____.
- A. 1/8th of the span
- B. 1/10th of the span
- C. 1/12th of the span
- D. 1/16th of the span
Pick up the correct statement from the following:
- A. A pile is a slender member which transfers the load through its lower end on a strong strata
- B. A pile is a slender member which transfers its load to the surrounding soil
- C. A pile is a slender member which transfers its load by friction
- D. A pile is a cylindrical body of concrete which transfers the load at a depth greater than its width
The modular ratio ‘m’ of a concrete whose permissible compressive stress is ‘C’, may be obtained from the equation.
- A. m = 700/3C
- B. m = 1400/3C
- C. m = 2800/3C
- D. m = 3500/3C
If the permissible compressive and tensile stresses in a singly reinforced beam are 50 kg/cm² and 1400 kg/cm² respectively and the modular ratio is 18, the percentage area At of the steel required for an economic section, is_____.
- A. 0.496 %
- B. 0.596 %
- C. 0.696 %
- D. 0.796 %
The angle of internal friction of soil mass is the angle whose_____.
- A. Tangent is equal to the rate of the maximum resistance to sliding on any internal inclined plane to the normal pressure acting on the plane
- B. Sine is equal to the ratio of the maximum resistance to sliding on any internal inclined plane to the normal pressure acting on the plane
- C. Cosine is equal to the ratio of the maximum resistance sliding on any internal inclined plane to the normal pressure acting on the plane
- D. None of these
The minimum number of main steel bars provided in R.C.C.
- A. Rectangular columns is 4
- B. Circular columns is 6
- C. Octagonal columns is 8
- D. All the above