- A. Supply electric power
- B. Converts mechanical energy into electrical energy
- C. Continually recharges the battery
- D. Partly converts engine power into electric power
The function of an alternator in an automobile is to_____.
The problems caused by the wheel imbalance are_____.
- A. Hard steering and hard ride
- B. Poor acceleration and hard steering
- C. Steering wheel vibrations and uneven tyre wear
- D. Poor acceleration and reduced fuel efficiency
In vehicles with tilt steering, the steering column is pivoted in_____.
- A. Upper bracket
- B. Lower bracket
- C. Tilt bracket
- D. Steering yoke joint
The ease with which petrol vaporizes is called its_____.
- A. Oxidation
- B. Octane number
- C. Volatility
- D. Cetane numbe
The crankshaft of a typical inline four cylinder engine has _____ balance weights.
- A. 12
- B. 4
- C. 16
- D. 8
The timing belt is attached to the camshaft pulley and_____.
- A. Timing belt drive pulley
- B. Distributor
- C. Radiator fan pulley
- D. Alternator pulley
The octane number of compressed natural gas (CNG) is_____.
- A. 90
- B. 100
- C. 110
- D. 120
The compression ratio in petrol engine is kept less than in Diesel engine because_____.
- A. It makes petrol engines lighter
- B. Higher or equivalent compression ratio in petrol engines is not possible due to pre-ignition
- C. Less compression ratio gives better performance
- D. It is just customary to have less compression ratio in petrol engines
The operation of removing trapped air from the hydraulic braking system is known as_____.
- A. Trapping
- B. Tapping
- C. Bleeding
- D. Cleaning
Incorrect steering axis inclination (S.A.I.) causes_____.
- A. Tendency to assume toe-out orientation
- B. Generation of a braking effect at tight corners
- C. Poor recovery of the steering wheel after making a turn
- D. The vehicle to pull to the side of lesser inclination